Compatible tinkering tool for pluto

Home Forums Drona Aviation – Drone for Education Compatible tinkering tool for pluto

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      shally1986
      Participant

Hello tinkerers ,

There is app on play store called EZ GUI GROUND STATION . It supports a number of firmwares and communication protocols . I was able to connect Pluto and guru to it via wifi( change ip address and port based on camera connected or not ) .
        It has all features similar to pluto controller for configuring your drone similar to pluto configurator , but I was not able to control the drone or test motors from ez GUI . There is no camera streaming as well .
        There are extra PID like rate which can’t be changed from pluto controller also PID profiles which u can save and activate later . You can tune your RC controller if you plan to add one to the Pluto
        Good app to configure your pluto without laptop outside in ground or when you don’t have the Pluto configurator able to communicate with drone .
        It’s not a replacement for the Pluto controller but very capable companion app for any pluto owner as you can tinker a lot with your phone itself .

Reply to the thread with your experiences

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by shally1986.
        prasanna.shevare
        Participant

Hi,
          Thats a great suggestion!

shally1986
          Participant

Is there any Android app other than pluto controller or any api which can be used to stream the video from pluto ?
            I was planning to make an app which could stream the video in split screen mode and could be used with a Google cardboard for VR .
            It would be an awesome introduction to poor man’s FPV . A joystick or rc transmitter connected to pluto controller on one phone and another phone running the spilt screen video used in Google cardboard for FPV .

prasanna.shevare
            Participant

Hi,
              Thats a great idea. Unfortunately the streaming library is not freely attributable. We could find a way to work together, i would ask you to connect with Dinesh via mail. Him email id is dinesh.sain@dronaaviation.com.

shally1986
              Participant

Thanks , I have sent him a mail . FPV racing drones or setup is very expensive in India and this could really bring the experience to those people who don’t want to spend lots of money upfront just to get experience . Existing tool set of pluto is adequate to implement the same . A vr mode on the Pluto controller app which can be activated after connecting joystick is is more than enough to convert pluto to a fpv drone .

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.