Position.Get(Z) returns a large range of values

Home Forums Drona Aviation – Drone for Education Position.Get(Z) returns a large range of values

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      deerhunter
      Participant

I found that placing the drone stationary on the floor or on a table and running code that only prints Position.Get(Z) returns a large range of values and in fact, it reads a negative value when placed on floor and switched on.

prasanna.shevare
        Participant

Hi,
          Yes that is very much an issue. We have found that even on ground the barometric readings chane due to various parameters. The readings are in cm. You may see readings changs from plus or minus 50cm

deerhunter
          Participant

Thank you Prasanna for your quick response, I also saw in the manual – API Reference V2.1.2 that this variation of 50cm is mentioned.
            I was trying to set a desired position and encountered that it is unable to maintain the height as I expected and I thought a simple code

—————————————
            Command.arm();
            DesiredPosition.set(Z, 100);
            FlightMode.set(ATLTITUDEHOLD);
            —————————————

where as I see in an example code on github https://github.com/DronaAviation/PlutoX-Sample-Codes/blob/master/PlutoX-ClapSensor/PlutoPilot.cpp
            it uses Althold.setRelativeAltholdHeight(200); and “Althold.h”, Is this a different library or do you think using the block above should also work fine?

Thank you

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.